Friday, May 1, 2009

Topaz Park- Victoria



Okay so today we began 'Project Playground' and BOY is it hard getting decent snap shots of playgrounds without getting anyone in the picture!

Anyway, Topaz Park playground is located on Glasgow Avenue which runs off Topaz between Quadra and Blanchard. I've been eyeing this plaground for a while and A and I tried it out today and I have to give it a 9/10. That might start off giving the impression that I give out high scores easily- I don't! However, this playground is a peach.

It is spilt roughly into two sides, big kids and little kids, and it has a woodchip surface- which I happen to like. Located in the corner of Topaz Park means that it is relatively quiet, has nice views and there is a ton of space where you could kick a ball around or have a picnic. There are public washrooms in the park a minute's walk away and there is a water fountain right there at the playground.

The little kid's side- which is where A plays has two baby/toddler swings and a really good climbing frame with a choice of options for how to climb up that include steps, chain steps and even some weird mushroom type pedestals. There are two metal slides down. The big kids side has a lot of climbing options including a climbing wall and it has a high metal slide and two swings.

The playground is relatively new, in great shape and was clean and filled with friendly people when we were there. In my opinion this is a fabulous playground and we will definitely go back again and the only place it loses points is that for some odd reason, the baby/toddler swings are really really high. I am tall but someone had to help me get A into it and I can't help but think that some people would not be able to get their kids into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment