Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tolmie Park Playground- Victoria


We stumbled across Tolmie park after taking a wrong turn and finding a dead end to turn around in and it led me to question if wrong turns always led me to playgrounds in the past? I seem to stumble across them all the time these days and maybe it's because I am on the lookout for brightly painted bars and sunlight on metal slides......or maybe I am just getting lost more.

Anyway, Tolmie Park playground is one of the typical 'well equipped but nothing special' playgrounds that seem to populate Greater Victoria. I am sure that it's well used and well loved and there were certainly happy playgrounders (I had to squash the urge to call them clients for a moment there) running around when we were there.

The park itself runs in a strip of grass between Saanich Road and Savannah Ave on Leslie- which breaks for the park in dead ends on both sides. There is plenty of parking on the Saanich Road side and a little parking on the other side, which is nearer to the playground. On a sandy base, there are two big kid swings, two toddler swings, a high hanging ladder, a digger machine and a climbing structure. This features several wooden platforms with a few climbing options, a short straight plastic slide and a higher curly plastic slide. Like I said, nothing outstanding to report here except for the fact that playgrounds like this remind me how lucky we are to have so many, and so good that one like this just seems 'normal'. In some parts of the world, in some parts of the country kids don't have these things. Better go before I go off on a tear-jerker?

No comments:

Post a Comment