Friday, May 22, 2009

Wesley Park Playground


About two years ago I passed through a small park tucked between Bay St and Wesley Place where i was surprised to see a run-down, outdated little playground and to be honest, I've been saving it for a poor review. Imagine my surprise yesterday when I stumbled through the alley that leads from Bay St, pre-schooler in one hand, camera in the other and found this! It's new........a hidden little gem.

Wesley Park Playground is not a huge playground so there isn't a lot to say, but on the other hand, I've seen a lot smaller. On a woodchip base, this playground features two structures one big kid, one smaller kid linked by climbing apparatus. Both sides feature appropriate things to climb up and down and metal slides. There are four swings, two toddler, two big kid and benches for parents and grass for your pet goat to graze on. I have no idea why I just wrote that but I am going to leave it in because it livens up an otherwise unnecessarily dull review of a perfectly good playground. You could park on Wesley Place but there's not tons of room there and I get the feeling that this is a walking destination playground. There are no other facilities but in case you work up a healthy appetite playing, there's one of the best fish and chip shops in the city just round the corner on Haultain. This playground was a pleasant surprise and we will definitely be back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment